Friday, April 6, 2018

She's Getting Dangerous

Marlo's midday feeding was... fraught.  For one thing, Roger's been having to put her in the corral during the day, because she just jumps the fence of her habitrail.  So she gets anxious and ready to free-range once it's feeding time.  The minute he lifts up the corral and she can slip under it, she makes a beeline for the door, slipping when she hits the wood on the deck, but barrelling towards her bottle.  Unfortunately, today Miss Lili was also on the porch, chilling out, and Marlo ran straight over the top of her.  Poor Lili is ok, but she's still muttering something in canine about "What the heck hit me?"

Then, once she slurped down the groceries, Marlo decided she wanted to come up and climb Mount Midoramommy... which is, of course, where Lili had gone to lick her wounds from the first encounter.  Lili made her way up me to the back of the sofa as Marlo was coming around my front, so further injury was avoided, but Marlo decided she wanted to go shopping on my desktop.  After informing her that no, she can't eat my stationery, or drink any of my caffeine, or eat my glasses, or... she finally decided she'd better suck up quick or she wasn't going to have lap privileges anymore, so she went back to her old fall-back, suckling on my ear. 

She hadn't really suckled my ear since the first week... trust me, she's got even more teeth now, and she's got absolutely no finesse - think horny 16 year old boy on his first date - but it was a nice reminder of when she was my little kid... ok, so she's kept lap privileges.  For now.  Stay away from my stationery, though!

No comments: