Monday, May 28, 2018

Flotsam and Jetsam

We're still in the process of integrating our two households into one, getting rid of the excess spatulas (it's amazing how many spatulas you accumulate over 50 years of living), figuring out which mandolins to keep, getting rid of the crappy towels...  Mostly doing kitchen stuff right now, and it's definitely a walk down memory lane.

To begin with - I don't drink hot drinks.  I mean, I'll maybe have a cup of tea when I'm down with the flu, but other than that... And while Roger is a coffee drinker par excellence, he mostly uses a Thermos to keep it warm throughout the day.  So how is it that we have so darn many coffee cups?  Heck, moose emblazoned coffee cups alone, we've got enough for your average squadron (especially if you include Moose dachshund cups).  Then there's the Corps of Engineers ceremonial cups - I've still got one from the Mt St Helens celebration when we finally completed the sediment detention structure.  We've got three different Sunset Bingo cups - they've outlasted the actual business we got them from, which closed down shortly after I left for Utah (I'm sure there's no connection.) The funny thing is that I've never bought a coffee cup in my life... Kind of like how moose-themed objects just seem to appear in my presence.

No comments: