Saturday, March 17, 2018

Back to Motherhood (of a Sort)



I've been feeling a need to nurture something, and Mom's dachshunds are frankly both nurtured enough, so... Uncle Ron presented me with Marlo (the baby goat up above.)  She's a bummer - apparently, that's the term for baby goats that are rejected by their mothers, so I'm going to be feeding her by bottle three times a day.  Ok, and possibly crooning lullabies, buying her cute little sweaters, saving up for her college fund.  I may be a tad obsessed for a while here.  She really is a cute little thing, though - and she's got a healthy set of lungs on her, and one heck of a survival drive.  She also has a fondness for nursing on my ear, which is a little odd, but hey...  I can deal. 

Anyway - meet Marlo.  So named because her ears turn up at the ends in a perfect flip, kind of like Marlo Thomas in That Girl.  I'm pretty sure you all will be seeing a lot of her (at least I hope so... I'm going to be seriously bummed if she doesn't make it.)

No comments: