Monday, March 12, 2018

Scenes from a Mormon Dinner Table

Short one #1 - "I like carrots." 
Me - "Good, you can have mine."

Short one #2 - I want barbeque sauce
Aunt Sherrie - You want ketchup.
SO#2 - I think I want barbeque sauce.
Aunt Sherri - Ketchup.
SO#2 - But I like barbeque sauce.
Aunt Sherri - You like ketchup.
SO#2 - I'll have ketchup.

Short baby - nomnomnoom
Mom - Hey, he likes vegetables!  Not as much as the ice cream, but...

Short one #1 - I don't like potatoes!
Grandpa - try it with ketchup on it.
Grandpa - Ok, put your finger in it and try it like this
SO#1 - I'll get messy!
Grandpa - Ok, try it with your fork

Short baby - bangBang BANG!!
Mom - he seems to want more vegetables
Short #1 - I don't like this!
Short baby - dropping vegetables to the puppy from the high chair.

Short one #1 - But (short one #2) said....
Mother of short ones - I am your mother, and it doesn't matter what your brother says.

Duke (the German Shepard) - You sure you don't have some small meatloaf crumb for me?  Maybe if I come back in a couple of minutes?  Just let me know...





No comments: