Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Dog News

I think I may have been adopted. 

If you've been following my various travails, you might remember Miss Daisy (well, I call her DaisDMona, based on her vocal protestations every time you stop petting her).  She and Lili are Mom's dogs, and we've been taking care of them while Mom's in Oregon.  For the most part, Daisy has decided that she's my puppy to deal with, and Lili has sensibly chosen Roger, although they tend to switch back and forth, based on who currently has food or open lap space.

Anyway - yesterday, Rog and I had a "town day".  We went to Roosevelt to meet my new doctor (and get prescriptions filled - yeah!  It worked!) and run errands, but by the end of it all, I was hitting the wall, big time.  Hard core wiped out, had a hard time just getting down the hall.  Daisy was very good about applying oxytocin, though - stayed mostly in my lap, making sure I was ok.  But then, during the night, about 3:30, she started shoving me and dancing on top of me, trying her best to wake me up.  Turns out that I was having a low blood sugar episode, and somehow, the little darling knew that I needed to wake up and deal with it - just like Moose used to.  I have no clue how she knew - but then I'm starting to get used to miracles occurring. 

Anyway - I got up, ate, spent some time watching political tv while I could without inflicting it on anyone else and finally slipped back into bed about 6ish.  She let me sleep until 9, but then she started a terrorism campaign to get me out of the bed - barking at me, dancing on top, shoving cold noses into my back... I finally gave in to her terrierist ways, got up - and she snuggled back under the covers and promptly went to sleep, as if her work here was done.  Yep, she's definitely got some Moose in her. 

No comments: